Sunday, September 02, 2007

Destruction through too much

Well, I'm now into the second week of graduate school. While I am doing this I am also working as much as possible. Last week I worked 39 hours plus studying, reports, school, church activities. This really doesn't bother me. In fact, I'm enjoying myself a lot. I love being so far behind schedule I don't have a chance to think. I love being what most people would call stressed out. I jokingly thought to myself before school started that if ever I went a week going from 8 in the morning to two in the morning with no breaks, then I consider myself having enough on my plate.

Already my schedule has filled up fast. classes from 9 to 12, work from 1-6, library to study till I actually finish or the place closes(1 A.M.) On top of that I have church callings, institute Tuesday nights, meetings Thursday night, and whatever else happens to crop up. Saturdays I work the full day, and unfortunately, I can't study at the library because they close for football games.

As I do all this, a part of me really wonders if this is detrimental to my health. I've gotten to the point where I dislike wasting time on things that don't matter, regardless of whether I enjoy them or not. Of course my time wasted has severely dropped since school started, but it still bugs me, because I think, I could be doing this or that right now which is much more constructive. I mean, if I took all the time that I spend playing games over the summer, I could have learned quite a bit of German, which I need to do. I get too frustrated at myself for the what-ifs as of late. Will I continue to push myself harder and harder to eliminate unconstructive time, regardless of how small a block of time that may be? There were a couple of days last week, I actually started getting lightheaded from eliminating lunch and dinner, and pushing myself till 11:00 or later. Part of me just wants to test my body and push it to the limits and beyond just to see what will happen. This is probably destructive, yet I'm still curious and enjoying my days too much right now, and I don't think I'm pushing the destruction of my body quite yet. I'm actually annoyed at Labor Day because the library is closed and I can't work that day, so I've got to find more creative ways to get done what I need to get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home