Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Storm

Weather in Kentucky is always interesting. A couple of years ago we got an ice storm that destroyed quite a bit and kept University of Kentucky closed for three days. The only reason they opened the fourth day was so the basketball team could play their game that night.

Today, I'm sitting there reading a book and I hear thunder. Well, there goes my chances of biking anywhere, but I didn't hear any rain to go with the thunder. I look out my window, and nothing, sun is shining, a little bit of wind and a couple of clouds, and that's it. I go back to my reading, and I still hear thunder occassionally, but it's still a bright sunny day.

Next thing I know it's getting more and more intense and then knocks the power out. At this point, I figured there was some rain falling, or at least clouds that were dark. I look out the window and it's still a bright sunny day with some wind. Well the thunder came and went, and the electricity still hadn't come on, but since there's no rain I bike over to campus to use a computer, and I saw a few patches of water on the ground and that's it on my bike ride over. In talking with somebody I ran across from the singles branch, she said that she got rain, but looking up into the sky, it was nice, sun shine, and blue. Must have been a very insolated powerful storm then. But in all my years in Kentucky, I've never seen a storm like that one, just bizarre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home