Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fingertips.... Fingertips...

On Easter weekend, my brother and I went down to my sister's. During that time, our bathroom flooded, not bad, we came back and most of the water was dried up. We just had wet rugs and things were a little dirtier than usual. Well, we didn't have time to really take care of it that night or the next day, so on Monday after Easter I went to work on it. I decided that I wanted to get it exceptionally clean. I figured I'd use a stronger cleanser than normal. I decided to use the liquid we use on the toilet bowl. Powerful stuff. Not my smartest idea ever. I tell you what, that tub looked like brand new after I was through with it, but my hands at that point were swollen and completely red. Then it hit me, I just sloshed around chemicals that are made to touch the body at all. I hurried to the sink and thoroughly washed my hands off, but the damage had been done. For the next week, my hands peeled off layers of skin, and in general weren't too happy with me. To this day, you can't really tell that it happened when my hands are dry. The weird part is that once I run my hands under water, certain parts of my fingertips suck in the water and are paler than the surrounding skin. It looks as if you had just soaked your hands for an hour in water instead of just introducing them to water. Let's just hope that that's all that it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home