Monday, October 15, 2007

Goodbye House (and home)

I don't write often enough, but I will post things every now and again. The biggest news being that we sold our house. My parents have owned this house for around 28 years. I spent all of my youth there. I've used home as a place for recuperation and relaxation when college life gets stressful, and now it's gone. Yes there is some emotional attachment to this house and all the memories there. In reality, I don't think I'll ever head back to that area again, which is sad. There is nothing left there for me. My dad and brother still live in that area, but are not centrally located with the rest of my family members. All of the possessions that I had at home are now with me or thrown out. The house is going to have some of the same furniture, but the walls and curtains will be different, and the basement is going to be carpetted, so it won't feel like home, even though we have a standing invitation by the family we sold it to, to drop by any time we like.

The thing I dislike most about this is that I have no place I can call home anymore. The closest will probably be my sister's house, since I have used her place as a rufuge when I needed it as well. My efficiancy apartment is not home, nor will it ever be, or any place I live on my own. At least I do have part of home with me. I was able to take the piano with me, which will be well used, as long as the neighbors don't mind. But my house and home are now gone. Sad day.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Amy said...

My parents still have the home I grew up in, but they've remodeled it completely since I left and it looks nothing like it did when I grew up there. I don't even have a room in the house anymore - I stay in my sister's room or in the guest bedroom. It really is kind of sad to lose the place you felt was home before you've found a new home for yourself

 

Post a Comment

<< Home