Monday, November 02, 2009

Polite dinner conversation

At a dinner yesterday with the YSA, the topic of getting rid of mice came up. One of the girls had to deal with a mouse, and had caught it using a sticky pad, and needed to get rid of it. They decided to drown the creature. One individual thought this was a pretty inhumane way of killing it, and wondered what methods others would have chosen. All your normal methods of poison, drowning, traps, shovel, etc.

While this conversation was going on, I was reminiscing of my childhood when I had an older brother who needed to get rid of some mice. His methods were rather... inventive. In my usual laconic manner and general weirdness, I added my one word to the conversation...

"Microwave."

The varying looks of shock and disgust were a sight to behold. Not sure what they think of me, well, okay, I'm sure I know what they were thinking of me, but it was worth it to see their expressions. Wish I had a picture.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lyrin said...

haha. I love your/our family.

At least it wasn't fire.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger The Maven said...

Ewwww.

EWWWWWWWW!

I sincerely hope this was AFTER I moved out, therefore I wouldn't have ever used said microwave post mice microwaving event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home