Monday, February 22, 2010

Pets

As of late I've noticed a lot of the people that I tend to associate with have a tendency to talk a lot about their pets and animals in general. They'll talk all day about their pets and their personalities, quirks, general misbehavor with a general feeling of love towards them. I don't have too much of a problem with this. I'm not much of a pet person myself, and find them more impractical than anything else, but I won't begrudge anyone about their pets.

What does cause concern for me is that they use pets to replace meaningful relationships with human beings. Their general view of humanity is a cynical and bitter thing. They would much rather develop a relationship with a lesser species than those of their kind. Now I'm not saying all pet-lovers are like that, but it is sad to see pets take the place of what should be more important and more fulfilling.

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's tons of people like that in NYC. I sure hope that statistically I'm wrong, but I definitely saw more people walking dogs than people walking with theri own child--be it teenager, child, toddler, or baby. Definitely saw more people with dogs than babies.
-this girl

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger bandjam said...

And then you have people in Houston who walk their dogs, but their dogs are in doggy-strollers. So sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home