Sunday, June 19, 2005

They're not laughing with you...

So I'm now back in Lexington and have a decent internet connection and the keyboard is just the right height for me to be able to type with both hands. So let the writing continue, and an amusing incident from church.

Two years ago, I ended up dating a girl from my branch for a couple of months. When we broke up, one of my reasons was basically that I needed to spend more time on school(read music). In the most blunt form, I was basically saying I would prefer to play music than date you. It really wasn't a bad break-up at all. I'm sure neither of us lost any sleep.

This Sunday, I was talking to her sister, who I hadn't really talked to in quite a while. So when I first went up and said hi, she mercilessly laid into me and was making fun of me and my tuba. I didn't mind that too much. It just got me thinking, I wonder what they talked about right after we broke up. I'm sure that they're the type that would just lay into somebody and make fun of them, and let's face it, I gave them about the biggest opening for them to make fun of me, which I'm sure they did. I know I've done that with my roommate from my freshman year. Whenever a girl would do something stupid that one of us were dating, we ripped them(and girls in general) up one side and down another. It's quite fun.

So, I'm just glad that they probably had a few laughs at my expense. Granted, not everyone can say that, but I usually follow the quote my sister sent to me...

"Those who laugh at themselves never cease to be amused"

And if I hold myself to that most of the time, I'm sure I can let other people be amused as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home