Thursday, June 09, 2005

Update

Since some people may be curious as to what’s currently going on and wondering about my lack of interaction as of late, I’ll take a little bit of time to update everyone on life. First off, being at home with a dial-up connection is not my idea of fun, and I end up tying up the phone line. Second, I finally had the shoulder surgery done. Typing one-handed is also not my idea of fun. It may be up to a month before I can actually use my arm to type. Hopefully less. Completely severed tendons do take some time to heal, and then never completely.

On a bright note, I do get to see This Girl this weekend. Since our birthdays are within five days of each, we decided to celebrate in-between our birthdays.

On a humorous note, my family completely forgot about my birthday, to the point that when I was talking to This Girl on the phone that evening, she had to remind me that it was my birthday.

On a happy note, I’ll have the bandages off on Monday, and I can actually shower without trying to keep bandages dry.

On a depressing note, I actually took pain pills twice, whereas my last surgery, I didn’t take any. I hate medicine. Despise it. I like to feel in control of my body all times, and feel that I should be able to overcome pain as well.

On a sad note, I’m bored out of my mind. Can’t drive, play, run. Heck, last night was the first night I was able to sleep in a real bed. It hurt a little bit when I woke up, but not as much as I thought it would. All I do is sleep and read, and play an occasional computer game that only requires one hand. Not what I’m used to.

So there’s an update on the life of Trueblat. Hope you enjoyed, and maybe I’ll write somewhat more often once I get back to Lexington in a week or two and have DSL.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger tiblittle said...

Ah, so that's what you've been up to. Icky icky surgery recovery. And I'm glad to see that you and This Girl are still good.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again, True. I was starting to wonder where you went off to. I seriously almost e-mailed you today. And yes, dial-up is terrible. The two weeks we spent without internet when we moved here were some of the worst of our lives. I get withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home