Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Luck, I have luck, all of it bad

This can sum up how things have been since I graduated. So where to start. Let's start with before Christmas. The plan was to do some subbing before I moved in the school district I was in, then move and do a long-term subbing position I had found in a different school district. Well, I got my papers into the school district before Christmas. I would supposedly start January 3rd doing some subbing. Well they didn't get my papers processed till after I had moved. So there went two weeks of working. As I was looking for a place to live, in an area I've never been to, all I could find was a 1 bedroom for $400 with a six-month lease, more than twice as much as what I was currently paying, but I was looking more for experience in subbing with the long-term subbing position than what I would be getting before I moved, so I figured I'd take the hit. I got myself set up, called the electric company, and because I basically haven't established any credit at all, I had to also pay a $240 security deposit on it as well. I finally got myself pretty much set up, the only thing I didn't have was a phone. That was okay for the time being because I had the long-term subbing position and they weren't going to have to call me for anything, so I was waiting on the phone because I was trying to convince my dad to get a cell-phone plan for the family and I could just pay him for an extra phone. My dad considers cell phones a luxury and one that he could afford to be without, but it took him forever before he made that decision.

In the meantime, I had started my long term subbing position. Well, after a week and a half things didn't work out at all, and I wasn't doing the long-term subbing position anymore. Without the consistency of subbing everyday, there was no way I could afford where I was living at without something everyday, and besides that, they couldn't call me to do any subbing jobs because I don't have a phone, and I decided that I'll just look what subbing jobs they have online, since they do have that option... which apparently they don't use, because each time I've checked it, no positions have been available. Great, so now I'm without any temporary money source and I need to get a phone, so I finally decide to just get a cell phone on my own.

As I'm looking online, I decided to finally check my credit history since we're allowed to check that for free once a year. I did that, thinking I basically had established no credit. I got a credit card as a freshman, but basically threw it away when I was approved for it. It had that in there, and no balance on it. Okay good. The next two things were hospital bills, from my mission. There were two doctors that said not to worry about paying the bills and that it would be free of charge. Well, apparently they weren't, and instead of telling us, they sent them to a collections agency. Surprised that they had never even located me, I looked to see what address they had for me. It's only an address I lived at 7 years ago. So when I did try to get a credit card, I was refused a couple of years ago, I assume because of that. Great. Anyway, that's why I have to pay security deposits of every little stupid thing. Never mind that I've made payments to phone, water, electric, and rent faithfully for the past 3 years.

So I find out I'm ten dollars short to get a cell phone, because of the security deposit. So I call up my dad to see if he could help me out with that. It took a couple of days before he was able to get it into my account, and I finally ordered a cell phone. At this point, I've been looking for another job, but it's kind of hard for anybody to keep in contact if you don't have a phone or some means of communication, so I was anxiously awaiting to get my phone.

I get an envelope in the mail telling me that because of my credit, they can't give me a cell phone and the plan I asked for even with the security deposit.

This was yesterday. So I'm at wits end with what I should do. I'm incapable of getting any type of subbing position where I'm at. I can't really look for a job without them having the means to contact me. I'm in an apartment where I'm paying twice as much as I was originally that I signed a six-month lease on. I was only able to work six days, while I should have been working for a month at this point. My credit won't allow me to even establish credit. Yep, great year so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home