Monday, September 11, 2006

Dislike

You know, while I generally have a dislike of people in masses, I tend to not mind people individually. There will be one every now and then that I may dislike some, but that either happens over time, or it's not all that much.

That changed all last week. From the first time this person was mentioned, I had an instant dislike of them. I hadn't even met them and I already didn't want to meet him. Just so you know, when I first heard of this person, there was nobody talking bad about him, it was just the person's name, and I took an instant dislike towards him.

I was in my room reading on Saturday, and I knew the individual was coming that day. I had my window open and I heard his voice, knew instantly who it was, and that dislike grew even more.

He came into the apartment and big surprise, I meet him and that dislike grows more. I went back into my room to finish the book I was reading while he was talking with my roommate. I couldn't even concentrate on reading because I couldn't stand the sound of his voice. Finally he left, and I felt absolutely releived.

I'm not exactly sure what brought on this unnatural hatred of this person, and in some way it might even be justified, but I won't go into why. It was just a weird experience that has never happened to me before and I thought that I would share it.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger bandjam said...

That has happened to me several times (6 that I can remember). People tend to make fun of me for it, but my roommmates realized immediately that I was not joking when I said that it was an immediate dislike. Interestingly, I have never met anyone else who has had this same reaction. It must be a family thing. Anyways, good luck and I hope you don't have to associate with them too much (or instead you figure out why and resolve the issue, if so tell me cause my roommates have been trying to figureout what it is about these people that cause my reaction of disliking them). Well talk to you later.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger N.F. said...

I am THE SAME WAY. 1 of my friends would say I was being judgemental--but I told her that wasn't true. There is an IMMEDIATE feeling/something in my head when I meet someone. I can tell deep down in my heart whether or not I should run for the hills or not.

And, these people are usually co-workers, or guys at church, or actually even strangers whom I see at the store or something. I tell everyone that this happens to me and everyone says I'm just being rude or not giving someone a chance.

I don't need to give them a chance--because if my gut tells me they are bad then I believe it. (And by bad--you know what I mean)>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home