Sunday, December 12, 2004

(Pick your poison)imony

December and May have to be the worst months for testimonies. Especially the closer it is to the time everyone is taking off and leaving for good. For Christmas we have our CES missionary couple leaving, relief society president, two couples that I can remember getting married, and I think two other people leaving. You can just imagine how testimony meeting went. I think less than half the testimonies that were given mentioned the Savior, and this is Christmas too. I did feel the spirit when actual testimonies were given. But those were few and far inbetween.

Just so you can realize how long this went on, the meeting was an hour and 45 minutes. The branch president is usually pretty sensible about these things. Even some people who realized it for what it was, mentioned that they still felt the spirit and one person afterwards mentioned that he usually doesn't care for them, but he felt the spirit about more or less the testimony of fellowship and love of fellow man. Maybe it's just me who felt that way, I don't know. I mean, you don't see the prophets and apostles talking about how much they like each other when bearing a testimony, or about how they've had this experience and how much they loved it. They say what their testimony is and not how much it's grown because of so and so person and how wonderful they are, etc, etc. I may be wrong and the only person who feels that way, I don't know. Whatever. Perhaps I just need to be more receptive and less critical. Just my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home