Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Missionaries

Wow, I didn't realize how long that last blog was. That was ridiculous. Sad thing is that I enjoyed every minute of it. Anyway, after reading the board today, and finding people talking about the whole Elder and Sister thing. Sisters and their stereotypes and Elders and theirs. I wanted to put in my two cents but I didn't feel it was appropiate on the board. I agree with both sides. That in the end they're all just stupid and immature. The irony of that statement is that now I'm being stupid and immature. Elders are immature. I'm going to put a quote from a sister in my mission here that I quite liked about the stereotypical sister, "Sister missionaries go on missions for two reasons, there's something wrong with them physically, or something wrong with them mentally, I'm just fat." Now I know not all missionaries fall into this stereotype, or my view of missionaries in general. I just think on my mission I was so completely jaded to the whole stupidity of what missionaries are today. To this day, I don't talk to the missionaries unless I have to. After my mission the sight of missionaries sickened me. At least now I can tolerate their presence. I'm glad that the First Presidency has taken steps to correct that. LDS culture butchered what a missionary should be and I don't know that it'll ever recover. Wow, now that I've written this up, I want to delete it, but this is my blog and how I feel, no matter how wrong it may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home