Thursday, January 13, 2005

My attempts at being social

So I decided I'd try to actually be a little bit more social and talk to people. So Monday, after royally screwing up my audition, the tuba players decided to go eat at Gatty's, so I joined them, then went to FHE and managed to hang around about 40 minutes talking to people. One girl actually came up to me and talked to me. While I probably wouldn't ever date her, it was nice talking to her, and I didn't even have to initiate that one. The tuba players invited me to their last get together before school starts. Of course they'd be drinking, so I decided I'd show up early and stay for a little while. It wasn't so bad, granted I was still the first person to leave. The conversation at times was a little crass, and some of it was pretty funny. Watching a couple of them dance to German polkas, among other things. Really, at that time I probably wouldn't have done anything else more constructive. I'm still not quite sure how I felt about being there. So who knows.

The next night I called up my roommate from my Freshman year and we got some dinner during his break from work. We caught up on what was going on, girlfriend woes, or lack thereof, remembered good ol' times. It was fun and I had a good time. Since both of us have lighter schedules, I'm definately going to have to keep in touch more than the twice a year we've been doing. I wish more people were like this guy. Can have a good time and enjoy life in a sarcastic sort of way without the drinking or crude jokes. So not bad for me. I would write more, but class beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home