Friday, March 04, 2005

Topics for today include...

Contra dancing - Contrary to my belief, it has nothing to do with the Nintendo game. That was a cool game. I could beat the game over and over again and continue to gain lives as it got harder. That aside, the best way to explain contra dancing according to This Girl is a mix between a ho-down and an English Country Dance. It's danced in lines and a caller calls out the moves. It's a lot more popular here than it would be out west. This Girl actually found a place when she did a summer at BYU, but it was too far away for her to attend.

Thinking before speaking - I rarely discuss things over with people. If a group of people are discussing a particular subject, I'm always the most quiet of the group. Why, you ask. I always have to make sure my answer is exactly 100% correct in any discussion before I will make my opinion known. I have to look at it from every angle possible before I want to make my thoughts known. When they finally finish discussing that and are on a different topic, I'm finishing up my thoughts on my perfect answer. Today was a great example. My American education class discusses many controversial issues, and in the processing of discussing, I said my perfect response before the topic had switched to which no one could base any negative input on it. This is typically how I run my life. This is why math come so easy for me, and English is so much harder for me. Math has a clean cut answer, while English has many more aspects and interpretations involved for me to think through, so I usually never get it in time. My dad tends to be the same way, actually a lot worse, while my mom in quicker to state her view. So at least I'm somewhere inbetween. My blog on the other hand tends to be my views completed or not.

This Girl - We were talking about puzzles while we were doing one last week and she mentioned the last time she worked on a puzzle. Come to find out when she mentioned that, I realized that I was there to working on it right beside her. That was over Christmas. We then started talking about the times we've run into each at church and other activities. We've both been in the same branch for over two years and we finally just started talking to each other. It's kindof sad in a way that we've never really talked to people at church, or gotten to know as many people as we should. You never know what would come of your life if you actually talk to people at church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home