Wednesday, February 16, 2005

TMBG

I'm in a good mood right now. Regardless of the fact that I've been doing enough the past couple of days, that I actually feel stressed, and I'm getting sick, thank you Mid, for sharing that. But I'm really happy right now. I've got a lot done, I'm on a spiritual high, my sleeping seems somewhat normal, I got to talk to This Girl(I really need to find a better name). I've decided that I'm not going to read her blog anymore, because I would much rather hear it from her, and she feels the same way. So I wanted to listen to some happy music. I really don't have all that much music, let alone happy music. So I pull out TMBG's Lincoln, while I do dishes.

I love this CD. I just wanted to point out my favorite parts. Cowtown, love the percussion ostenato at the end, it's awesome. My favorite song of the CD, Pencil Rain. Have you ever visualized that song literally in your head. It's one of the funnest songs to picture and create a story to in your head. Shoehorn, I don't remember if that's the name, I love the sax ensemble parts of this piece, it's so fun. The World's Address, the chromatism is awesome. I love it.

I'm happy, sick, exhausted, and loving life. I'll stop before members of my family start gagging at my happiness.

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with this music or album - Are you listening to COUNTRY????!!!? O.o

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I don't think it's country. At all. Odd, yes. And I think my favorite from that cd is Lie Still, Little Bottle. And I'm not really music literate, but I do like the ones you mentioned. Simply because they're fun.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Etelmik said...

They Might Be Giants is the band.

I've only heard "Cowtown" out of all those. I've only listened to Apollo 18 (my roommates) and the Anthology. "Only" all 52 songs on there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home