Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Friends

This Girl and I were talking about friendship and what it is exactly. I'm always amazed at the amount of friends that she has, and then I think, oh... wait, that how normal people are. We didn't have too much of a chance to discuss this particular topic in detail. Really, though, our definitions are very different. I've mentioned before that I have two people who I consider best friends. This Girl is more than a friend and will eventually become a best friend the way things are currently going. As I thought about who I would consider a friend, there aren't a lot. As much time as I spend with the tuba-euph studio, I consider most of them acquaintances. Two, I may even consider as friends, in fact, in most people's definition, they would be, I think. At church, mainly one guy I would consider a friend, and even though I rarely talk to him any more, I would still consider him a friend. There are people from high school days that I might consider as friends, again, people I never really talk to or even attempt to keep in contact with. So what is the definition of a friend, at least for me? First off, it has to be somebody I really like. This rules out more than I would care to admit. I have a very easy-going personality and I can get along with everyone. People generally tend to like me and have a high opinion of me, yet I still tend to keep it all on the surface, I'm not quite sure why. Even if I think they're really cool and fun to be with, they may not be a person I really like. Time spent has nothing to do with being a friend, as evidenced by my association with the tuba-euph students and everyone from church, and the people I consider friends are life-long people I know for the most part, and in some cases, haven't talked to in years. You know, I'm just not really sure what I consider a friend to be, hense why I never label people as friends, I just don't have any type of definition for it. Considering this is the first time I really thought about it.

Another topic I wanted to think about briefly was women being intimidating. I have never met any member of the opposite sex that was intimidating. Now, I have very good reasons for this. This Girl made the comment that most guys find her very intimidating, to which I just laughed. Some people consider Duchess to be intimidating, yet when I met her, I didn't see that, of course, it wasn't in editor mode or some situation like that. I very much doubt that any female can intimidate me. For anyone who knows Bandjam, my sister, that is all I would have to say for people to understand why. And I think she would agree with me, wouldn't you Bandjam :) You know I love you. Really, though, I wouldn't be able to describe why she would just scare the living daylights out of most guys, but take my word for it. She would. You know, come to think of it, my mom would too. It just makes me laugh though when I think about this subject or see something posted about it.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a daughter of mom, I can testify that most of the guys I dated were petrified of her. I can think of only one who wasn't, and that was only because he grew up around us, at church, his siblings took piano lessons from us, he was a friend of the boys, and so he just took her with a big old huge grain of salt. Everyone else thought she was always angry at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home