Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Roommates, roommates, and roommates

So it's now the first of the month and the rent is due. My roommate started out with twice as much money as I had, and squandered all of his money in half the time on guns, booze, and expensive food. So I called the manager yesterday, and even if I pay my half, I still get penalized because it's not paid in full. I will not cover for my roommate on the basis that I will never ever see that money again. This creates problems.

There's one guy moving out of our apartment complex and his roommate would need a roommate and I could possibly move in with him, since he's at least responsible and will pay his half of the bills. I can't move out of my apartment unless roomie moves out to get the security deposit back. Not sure what roomie plans yet, but really he has no reason for being here since he dropped out of school within two weeks and has no job. But I don't think his parents will ever be willing to bail him out.

So if I pay my half, and eventually we get evicted because of roomie, I see nothing of my security deposit, if I move out, I don't get any security deposit, roomie will eventually get evicted, and I still don't get back my security deposit. At this point, I'm half tempted on not even paying my part of rent, get us both evicted, then move in with the guy who's going to be out of a roommate soon.

Fun, fun, fun.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger N.F. said...

Dang. That's awful and wrong on so many levels. You've got to have SOME recourse somewhere-----to help you? The manager couldn't give you any advice or recommendations? Do you have the number of the parents of the roommate? To get them involved, to tell them that you don't want to lose your security $?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home