Sunday, November 07, 2004

Kentucky Football

I don't understand it. I just don't understand it. Kentucky football is up to it's usual self. What I don't understand is we still get really good turnouts to these beatdowns. I haven't for the life of me figured out why. In one college rating we're number 17 for students packing the stadiums. I do find it amusing also that we're 11 for dorms like dungeons. I lived there my freshman year, and will never do it again. It was absolutely terrible. At least I had a great roommate.

Anyway, let me give you a recap of the game, or the way every game goes for that matter. We start off the first drive of the game, and end up punting. They get the ball at the 8 or so. We held them to a field goal. Sad enough to say that we thought that was pretty good. We were actually doing good for the first half. The score by the end of the half was 20 - 3. I must say I was rather happy with that, sad as that may be. There was one game where the first quarter our combined yards was -3. Ouch. The second half is where we always make so many mistakes and errors that it's horrid. How many college teams have you seen not catch the snap? We lost 13 yards on that play. That would sum up the rest of the game. Georgia went on to win 62 - 17. We did actually score twice during the third quarter. That kept our fans happy enough that they at least stayed through the third quarter. There's been one game this year that the fans stayed till almost the very end. That's the only time traffic's been bad after a football game. We are now ranked last in yards gained during drives in the Sec.

Yet the fans come back for more of this slaughter. We must be doing something right, for the fans to at least be coming for more. Whether it be the shows, tailgating parties, nothing better to do, ect.

At least the band has fun, or I should say the tuba players more than anyone else. Unfortunately I'm not in the tuba section anymore. I had to switch to baritone as I have a really bad shoulder and sousaphone makes it worse. I'm sorry, but our baritone section isn't just about a square as can be and don't know how to make the games fun or exciting. I miss being in the tuba section. At least I always make a fourth quarter switch with the tuba section leader and play tuba, while he plays my baritone. Well, there's always basketball. That's the redeeming value of Kentucky... there's always basketball.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Benvolio said...

Just tell yourself the fans are there for the band. I played baritone back in the day. It's a pretty cool instrument, even though no one really likes it. It definitely lacks the coolness factor of a tuba, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home