Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Good People

So my last posts haven't been all that great, so, like Duchess, I'll make a list I'm thankful for, but it'll be all those people who have helped my out.

First off, the guy that massaged my shoulder which allowed a little temporary relief when I first fell into a crumpled heap.

Second, the cute girl who just sat beside me and talked with me for an hour while I sat there waiting for...

Person number three. The son of our branch president who is a doctor of some sort who attempted to relocate my shoulder without having to go to the hospital.

Fourth, the guy who massaged my shoulder took me to one hospital, where the wait was 2-4 hours, then drove to another where they got me at least lying down right away. He stayed for a while, went to work out, then came back. He left once they put me under.

Five, a girl from my home ward who lives in the same area. My brother was working, and I didn't know any other numbers but hers off the top of my head. So I called her at 2 in the morning to see if she could pick me up. She and her husband came, picked me up, fed me, allowed me to spend the night with them(they didn't want to leave me alone all drugged up), and gave me a ride into campus the next day.

Six, the grad tuba student who gave me a ride home that night as I was pretty much gone, hadn't been home in a day and a half, and on my last limbs. It would have been a forty minute walk.

Seven, my brother for giving me a ride to the church to pick up my bike this morning and drop me off on campus. People must wonder as they see me passing on a bike. I've got my jacket zipped up and my arm underneith on a sling, so it looks like I'm just a one-armed biker. Hmmmm....

Anyway, these are all people who went out of their way to do things for me. Thank you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home