Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday Mornings

I absolutely love Saturday mornings. Although last semester I couldn't enjoy them because of football games and everything else going on. Today I got up leisurely. Played a few video games. Checked blogs. Then the highlight of the morning. I fix a nice hot breakfast. It usually doesn't matter what, just anything but cereal. Cereal is a staple in our household and we eat a lot of it. During the weekday, there's just no time to fix a nice decent breakfast. So I look forward to cooking a nice large breakfast with everything possible on Saturdays when I have the chance to. Although I think I overdid it today. My brother had to work three shifts at work the past two days, one at 6:30 A.M., 7:30 P.M., then 4:30 A.M., so he was more interested in sleeping than eating at that point, but I still fixed enough for him, which was a mistake. So I just downed 9 eggs with cheese on top, 1/2 lb of bacon, 6 peices of toast, and 3 glasses of milk. It was so good. It's definitely one of the highlights of my week when I can do that. It gets me started for the rest of the day as well. Since cooking is something that I can consider constructive in this case, it starts me off to actually getting stuff done on Saturday with a positive attitude instead of just lazing about all day doing nothing and being nonconstructive, so here's to Saturday morning.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger bandjam said...

What's sad is I do the same thing. I never noticed it till my roommates asked me what I would be making one Saturday morning and I didn't understand what they were talking about till they said that they noticed that every Saturday morning I get up make a big breakfast that more often then not I share with them (this morning I was alone so it was 3 eggs (with cheese and pepporonis in them), 2 toasts, 2 bananas, and a glass of milk). I didn't quite get up to your amount but I at least beat big-n-little-sis :-). I love weekends. It really is the one time of the week that I can relax and get normal stuff done (baking, sewing, cleaning, etc.).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home